NATIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION
BOARD VACANCY ADVERT
The Namibia Statistics Agency (NSA) was established in line with the Namibia Statistics Act, Act 9 of 2011. The mandate of the Statistics Agency is to among others constitute the central statistical authority for the State. The Agency is also mandated to collect, produce, analyse and disseminate official and other statistics. The current NSA Board of Directors’ terms of office will expire on the 31st of March 2021.
The National Planning Commission, in collaboration with the Ministry of Public Enterprises (MPE), hereby invite Namibians, who are competent, emotionally intelligent and suitably qualified candidates, who show a strong ethical leadership, to apply for consideration for possible appointment, as Board members of the NSA.
- Generic Qualification
Applicants should possess a sound knowledge and experience or similar field of expertise in, Statistics, Information Technology, Economics, Spatial Data, Law, Finance and Human Resource to be able to constructively contribute to the strategic statistical and spatial data direction of the Namibia Statistic Agency.
Applicants must also have a Board experience and understanding of management, governance issues and challenges, gained at an Executive level, within the Public sector and/or Private sector and should furthermore, be familiar with Boards’ best practices and principles
- Expertise Area Required
Candidates with specific qualifications, abilities and expertise in the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Statistics– A Master Degree in Applied Statistics with at least five (5) years executive experience in Statistics and research Environment. A PhD will be an added advantage.
- Finance – An MBA in Financial Accounting/Management with at least five (5) years executive experience in Financial Management. Chartered Accountant certification will be an added advantage.
- Law– A practicing legal expert (registered in the High Court) with at least ten (10) years corporate law experience.
- Human Resources- A Master Degree in Human Resources with at least five (5) years executive experience.
- Economics– A Master Degree in Economics at least with executive experience in macroeconomics, econometrics and related field.
- Spatial Data– A Master Degree in Geographical Information Science/technology/Geo-Informatics with at least five (5) years executive practical experience in GIS related field.
- Information Technology- A Master Degree in ICT with at least five (5) years executive industry practice. Practical experience in digitalization, ICT governance, data management and warehousing.
- Additional Information
Women, youth and people with disability meeting the requirements are also encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and successful candidates will be recommended for possible appointment for a period of three (3) years. It is very important to emphasize that persons who currently serve on TWO (2) or more BOARDS of any Public Enterprises in Namibia, will not be considered for appointment.
Current NSA board members that have served only one term are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are hereby requested to submit a written application letter, accompanied by a comprehensive CURRICULUM VITAE (CV) and certified copies of relevant qualifications.
All applications must be emailed to the Personal Assistant to the Executive Director of the National Planning Commission, at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 1st February 2021.
Advert date: 18 January 2021
Closing date: 01 February 2021