Republic of Namibia
Office of the President
National Planning Commission
AFRICAN PEER REVIEW MECHANISM
Office of the Chief Executive Officer
Post Designation : Senior Private Secretary (CONTRACT)
Grade : 8
Duty Station : Windhoek
Salary Scale : N$ 220 828 – 263911
Transport allowance : N$ 7 680.00 Per annum
Housing Allowance : N$ 13 080.00 Per annum
Minimum Requirements: An appropriate National Diploma or equivalent qualification on NQF Level 6 plus 3years appropriate experience.
Enquiries: Mr Festus Hangula; Tel: 061 283 4221
REPORTING OBLIGATION AND JOB PURPOSE
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Private Secretary will provide administrative, logistical, secretarial and clerical support services in the office of the Chief Executive Officer.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Organising meetings, conferences, workshops for the office, which include arranging/confirming meetings, book accommodation, arranging transport, catering services and, etc.
- Make travel arrangements, and prepare travel documentation, and follow up on approval for meetings/conferences delegates.
- Provide Administrative and Technical Support to the National Governing Council (Board).
- Provide necessary support on protocol arrangements.
- Assist with implementing roadmap and/or checklist for conferences/meetings in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
- Follow up post conference related issues and provide support to ensure that necessary action have been taken.
- Draft letters and other correspondences.
- Lay-out reports using appropriate software, check information and data for procedural accuracy and, formatting.
- Check, receive, sort and distribute correspondence, reports and other material and transmit correspondence, documents, etc. for e.g. by mail, courier service or other means for the Supervisor.
- Maintain a sound filing and/or record keeping system in accordance with the Public Service filing system manual to ensure security, confidentiality and efficient retrieval of documents and/or information.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of advanced protocol procedures and etiquettes
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Good understanding of the roles and functions of Programmes of the African Peer Review Mechanism
- Understanding of the basic functions of various of the African Peer Review Mechanism
- Demonstrated ability to perform secretariat functions during meetings
- Ability to work beyond normal working hours.
- Strong verbal presentation and writing skills
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills;
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure.
Applicants must be Namibian Citizens. Applications (on form153043 &156094 obtainable at all Government Offices) together with a comprehensive detailed Curriculum Vitae, Certified identity documents and certified copies of educational qualifications must be submitted to:
The Executive Director, OR Hand-deliver to National Planning Commission
Human Resource Office Room 151 and 153
National Planning Commission, 1st Floor
Private Bag 13356 Government Office Park
Attention: Human Resource Office
Failure to complete all items on the application form for employment and not attaching the necessary documents will disqualify the applicant
All Foreign qualifications must be evaluated by the Namibia qualifications authority (NQA) and proof of Evaluation of qualification should be attached.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified, and no documents will be returned.
Advert date: 15 January 2021
Closing date: 22 January 2021